Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2nd Innings! Back to RR

The stint with Roaring Riders went on very good, we had made a couple of Rides ( Pondy, Tada, and more).
Slowly it became a Burden on me, and i started to feel the pressure. When any meet was called, there would be not more than 2 / 3 for the meet.
Sometimes Sachi n me or Anna n me or we three used to meet at Besant Nagar. No Rides, nothing.
Roaring Riders Club became slowly dormant, and i wanted to get out of Yezdi, and sold my first Love( 3739 ) to Mr. Srinivasan, who was Senthil's Customer and worked in University Of Madras.
I bought a Brand new Pulsar 180, and was happy on it.
But it took me some days to get used to the light feel of the Pulsar.
I joined the xbhp.com, and was active there with my friends, Badri, Vijay, Krishnan, Praveen. Praful, Apar, Kiran, and many more.
I had left my job, Resumed my Education @ SRM University. Many times i had made it to college on my Pulsar ( 45 mins ) from home to college. I loved those rides.
Sachi used to stay veyr near my house, and we would bump in Intentionally or Accidentally. I always was waiting for a chance for riding a Yezdi or Jawa. But was feeling complacent for selling my bike.
Then i just asked my dad, can i buy another Yezdi, he asked the Budget.
The market was ok, not very high forY bikes, I asked anna to help me get a bike, and he did it.
I bought a Roadking 1995 model with papers In Current, the bike was in ridable condition.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I Got the bike, the cables were hard, and petrol tap was broken. I wanted these small works to be done asap, so that i can get back to serious riding.
But no one helped me. They needed 15 days to do these small works.
Then i decided to give the bike to senthil, But he denied, as he was busy with other bikes. Finally i made him take my bike and do the works.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It did not look like a Roadking. I wanted to turn it into a Matt Black Bike, then i was also hunting for a Roadking Tank. Mr Srinivasan another member had offered me a Tank for a good price and in exchange for my Deluxe tank.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There i was back to Roaring Riders, as the Moderator. Look at my Helmet. I loved RR so much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We started with a bang. The first ride attracted more than 20 bikes.
We waited for July, we were planning for Jawa Day Ride. We made a two day ride to Hoggenekkal.
It was a huge success. 33 bikes, and what more would a passionate Yezdi Club Moderator need? We were all happy. The entire trip was incident free, and did not feel tired the whole time.
But by that time i already had 2 Yezdi's in my stable.

Image and video hosting by 
TinyPic

I bought a decent looking 1989 Deluxe for 13K from Vijay joshua, who faked me telling stories that he is selling this bike as he is going Abroad and before that he wants to buy a RX100.
But i met this guy at senthil's shop with a Roadking, which needed some Clutch Work.

Anand joined me for all the rides on the Roadking, and i took the Deluxe as it was not in top condition.
I met Paneer Uncle at Senthil's shop, and he offered me his bike, a 1978 B Model, and i asked my dad, and he i was owning that bike the next day.
I bought it for 14500, i was so proud to own this bike. This looked gr8, needed some engine work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




I was planning to ride it till it breaks down, and do it up completly. Which i did.
I took the bike to Sekar, and he took 10 days to do the bike. I was on top, the bike was gr8. Had to run in the bike. Which i did in less than 45 days. The bike was super. Had chromed the handle, silencers. and the bike looked gleaming.
This was the best in my stable until i bought my Fanta. Once of the best in the club.

My Collection! two more in Queue ( Colt n Lamby )
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I would like to start my first innings with yezdi and i need a experts advice.

    can you or any one help me ?

    ReplyDelete